Transfer Students from Accredited Colleges or Universities

Students transferring from accredited colleges and universities are required to submit official transcripts from all colleges they have attended. Normandale will review the transcripts and grant a placement test waiver in the associated academic skill area if the student has completed the coursework at a regionally accredited college or university and has:

  • Earned a grade of C or higher in a college-level English composition course (if not, the English and reading tests are required).
  • Earned at least 20 transferable semester credits with a grade point average of 2.00 (C) or higher (if not, the reading test is required).
  • Earned a grade of C or higher in a college mathematics course during the last two years (if not, the mathematics test is required if the student is planning to register for math class; is registering for a course with a math prerequisite; or is applying to a program with a math requirement).

Note: All students are responsible for the prerequisites and placement test scores required for classes. If a student registers for a course for which prerequisites have not been met, the College may drop the student from that class without a refund.