Normandale's Mission, Outcomes, Vision, Values, and Core Learning Outcomes
Normandale Community College advances individuals' intellectual, career and personal development by providing outstanding teaching and support.
To accomplish our mission we will
- Ensure individuals complete certificates and/or degrees.
- Prepare individuals to transfer successfully to four-year institutions.
- Prepare individuals to perform successfully in the workforce through credit and noncredit career and technical programs.
- Ensure students meet their educational goals.
- Ensure students develop in the College’s Core Learning Outcomes.
- Prepare students taking development coursework to succeed at the college level.
- Prepare individuals to participate in diverse local and global communities.
- Identify and meet workforce training needs.
Normandale Community College will be a recognized leader in academic excellence, student support, and community and workforce development.
We are committed to accomplishing our mission and outcomes in ways consistent with the following values:
- Learning. We promote the learning and development of all members of the Normandale community.
- Service. We focus on meeting the needs of our students and community.
- Integrity. We hold ourselves accountable to the communities we serve and seek to model personal and intellectual integrity in all we do.
- Excellence. We set and model high standards for students and our faculty, staff and administrators.
- Stewardship. We use our natural, financial and human resources effectively and respectfully.
- Collaboration. We bring together the skills and knowledge from our students, faculty, staff, administrators and community partners.
- Inclusiveness. We create a safe, inclusive and diverse college community which values each individual.
- Innovation. We regularly exceed people's expectations through creative programs and services.
- Data-enhanced decision making. We use data and our collective expertise to inform our decisions.
Mission, Vision and Values approved by the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees, March 2010.
Core Learning Outcomes
Our students will
- Think critically and creatively.
- Communicate effectively.
- Develop personal responsibility and life skills.
- Demonstrate social responsibility.
Approved by Normandale Community College Faculty, April 2010.