Reciprocity Agreements

Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota

Any student who is a legal resident of Wisconsin, North Dakota or South Dakota may attend a Minnesota public institution and pay a reduced non-resident tuition rate.

The Minnesota Office of Higher Education (MOHE) provides information about reciprocity and applications at Click “Reduced Out-of-State Tuition Options”, then on “Tuition Reciprocity”. Additional links on the left menu of the screen provide application instructions and information about each state's reciprocity agreements. Alternatively, students may contact their home state’s higher education board for reciprocity information:


Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board

Reciprocity Program

P.O. Box 7885

Madison, WI 53707

Tel: (608) 267-2209



North Dakota

North Dakota University System

Reciprocity Program

1815 Schafer St, Suite 202

Bismarck, North Dakota 58505-1217

Tel: 701-224-2541


South Dakota

South Dakota Board of Regents

Reciprocity Program

Box 220, University Station

Brookings, South Dakota 57007

Tel: 605-688-4497 or 800-952-3541



Legal residents of Manitoba are eligible to pay Minnesota resident tuition and fees if they attend any public college or university in Minnesota. Manitoba residents must indicate “Manitoba reciprocity” on their application to Normandale to take advantage of the resident tuition rate.