Financial Aid Application Process

To apply for all types of federal, state and institutional funds at Normandale Community College a student must:

  1. Apply for a Federal PIN at Parents should apply for a PIN, also. The PIN serves as an electronic signature.
  2. Complete the FAFSA on the Web Pre-Application Worksheet, available from the Normandale Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships or on the web at This will assist in collecting the necessary information.
  3. Now a student is ready to file a 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid via FAFSA on the web at
  4. By listing Normandale’s school code 007954 on the web application, the student is applying for all federal and state aid programs at Normandale.
  5. Respond to all communication from the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office immediately. Until all requested documentation is received, the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office cannot determine eligibility for aid.
  6. The deadline to apply for the Minnesota State Grant program is 30 days after the start of the term.

In order to be assured full consideration for aid from all programs a student may be eligible for, the student’s file, including all support documents, must be complete in the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office by the priority deadline of April 1, 2014. Applications submitted after April 1, 2014 will be considered as funds are available.

A complete financial aid file will generally include the following:

  • Institutional Student Information Report (ISIR). This is the result of a student’s FAFSA.
  • Academic transcripts from all previously attended colleges.

A student may be required to provide:

  • Verification Worksheets (verifying household size, number in college, income, child support paid or other requested items).
  • A 2013 IRS tax transcript, spouse’s tax transcript (if applicable) and parents’ (if applicable) 2013 IRS tax transcripts. For non-tax filers, W-2s from all jobs worked may be required.
  • Verification of Veteran's benefits for the current year.
  • A copy of an Alien Registration Card or I-94, if requested.
  • Proof of Selective Service registration, if requested.
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship status, if requested.
  • A copy of a Social Security card, if requested.
  • Any other forms which may be requested by the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office.