Admission Procedures for the PSEO Career and Technical Education Program
Minnesota High school students (10th, 11th and 12th grade) may enroll in a career or technical education course at Normandale. Normandale Community College follows the PSEO-Career and Technical Education (PSEO-CTE) admissions guidelines set forth by the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
- Students must be enrolled in a district .
- Students must have attained a passing score on the 8th Grade Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment in reading.
- Students must meet other course prerequisites or course enrollment standards established by the College. These standards include but are not limited to assessment test scores, program admission or other requirements.
- Students are eligible for only one course the first semester. If a student earns a grade of C or better in the one course taken the first semester, the student can enroll in more than one CTE course in subsequent semesters.
Individuals applying for admission to Normandale Community College under the PSEO-CTE program must:
- Complete the Normandale PSEO-CTE application form. The PSEO-CTE application is available at www.normandale.edu/admissions by clicking on "PSEO Program" or by contacting the Normandale Office of Admissions at 952-358-8208. Written applications can be submitted by mail or in person to Normandale Community College, Office of Admissions, 9700 France Avenue South, Bloomington, MN 55431-4399. The PSEO-CTE application deadline for fall semester is July 1. The spring semester deadline is December 1.
- Submit an official high school transcript. The high school transcript must be sealed in an envelope bearing the high school letterhead and enclosed with the application.
- Submit evidence of a passing score on the MCA 8th grade assessment, if not on the high school transcript.
- Complete and sign parts 1 and 2 of the Minnesota Department of Education Notice of Registration form and attach it to the PSEO-CTE application. This form is available at www.normandale.edu/admissions by clicking on "PSEO Program" or by contacting the Normandale Office of Admissions at 952-358-8208.
Within five business days of the date the application, Minnesota Department of Education form and required transcripts and documents have been received, the Normandale Office of Admissions will send a letter verifying that the student's application is complete. If the student needs to complete placement testing, additional information on how to complete this requirement will be provided.
To register, eligible applicants must schedule and attend a PSEO-CTE meeting, accompanied by a parent or guardian. The meeting can be scheduled by calling the Normandale Office of Admissions at 952-358-8208.
Qualified students are accepted to the PSEO-CTE program only and are not admitted general enrollment students at Normandale Community College. A student who first enrolls under this provision and wishes to enroll in general education courses as an 11th or 12th grade student must contact the Office of Admissions to update their status.