Student Life Programs
Student Life coordinates a comprehensive schedule of programs, activities and services that support the student’s overall educational experience. Student Life provides advising to student organizations, diversity programming, leadership development opportunities, recreational sports, and student activities.
Specific organizations advised by Student Life staff include:
- Student Senate, the organization designated to represent student interests on campus and at the state level. The Normandale Student Senate has been recognized regionally and nationally for its activities. The Senate Office can be reached at 952-358-8125.
- Normandale Program Board (NPB), the student program board, presents educational and entertaining programs of interest to the College community in the areas of art, contemporary music, performing arts, lectures and special events.
- The Lions’ Roar, the College newspaper, is operated and published by Normandale students. Visit the website at www.lionsroar.info.
- Phi Theta Kappa, an international honor society for two-year colleges, gives honor students opportunities to excel in scholarship, leadership, service and fellowship. The Normandale chapter, Alpha Kappa Alpha, has been recognized regionally and nationally for its excellent programs and activities.
- A variety of clubs: Many special interest and culture-based clubs are available for students. For a directory of clubs and their officers, contact the Kopp Student Center Information Desk or consult the student handbook, The Guide.
For further information about student organizations and clubs, please contact the Student Life Coordinator at 952-358-8848.