Recreational Sports and Fitness Center
Recreational Sports provides leisure-time activities to both students and staff and ensures that every student has the opportunity to participate regardless of athletic ability. Opportunities include:
- League play for those desiring a formal, competitive activity. Flag football, soccer, ice hockey, basketball and softball are offered.
- Individual activities for one-on-one competition. Activities include table tennis, badminton and 3 point shooting contest.
- The Fitness Center was created in 2009 as a state of the art classroom. After classroom use, students are able to utilize the center in the afternoons to focus on lifetime fitness goals. The Fitness Center includes cardiovascular training equipment, circuit and dumbbell strength training equipment, full-sized gym for basketball, volleyball, soccer, and badminton. Hours vary each semester.
- Extramural competition for tournament play between colleges within the metro area.
- Outdoor Recreation programs, which include hiking and camping.
- Outdoor Rental Center, where tents, backpacks, camping equipment and snowshoes are available for rental at the Activities Desk.
For more information about recreational sports, please contact Recreational Sports and Outdoor Recreation in Student Life at 952-358-8273.