Appeals and Academic Concerns
Normandale provides petition and appeal processes for students whose circumstances cannot be resolved following normal college procedure.
Students may submit appeals for the following circumstances:
- to drop or withdraw from classes after the deadline
- to obtain a refund of tuition after the deadline
- to be charged in-state tuition if classified initially as a non-resident of Minnesota
- to be waived of a placement test requirement or course prerequisite
- to be waived of an academic requirement or to have another course substituted for an academic requirement
- to have transfer credit accepted after the initial review
- to have a final class grade reviewed due to a perceived error in calculation or departure from the syllabus
- to be allowed to enroll in classes after academic or disciplinary suspension
- to be eligible to receive financial aid after financial aid suspension (if the student is otherwise eligible)
- to have prior coursework excluded from credit and GPA calculations through Academic Renewal
- to seek resolution for other academic concerns
Visit the Advising and Counseling Department or the Records Office for information about the procedures for submitting appeals and petitions.