Drug and Alcohol-Free Policy
In accordance with the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act Amendments of 1989 (Public Law 101-226) and Minnesota Statutes 152 Prohibited Drugs, 340A, Liquor Act, and 624.71., Liquors in Certain Buildings or Grounds, Normandale does not support the illegal use of drugs and of alcohol by its students. Accordingly,
- No student shall use, manufacture, sell, give away, barter, deliver, exchange, distribute or possess with the intent to use, manufacture, sell, give away, barter, deliver, exchange or distribute a controlled substance or drug paraphernalia as defined in Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 152, while on campus, or while involved in a College activity, service, project, program or work situation.
- No student shall use or possess a controlled substance, except when the possession is for that person’s own use and is authorized by law, 1) while on campus, or 2) while involved in a College activity, service, project, program or work situation.
- Except as allowed by Minnesota Statute 624.701, no student shall introduce upon or have possession upon any College campus, or while involved in a College activity, service, project, program or work situation, any alcohol beverage as defined in Minnesota Statute 340A.101.
- Student employees working on federal grants or contracts who are convicted of a criminal drug statute violation occurring in the workplace are required to inform the assigned College administrator of this fact within 5 calendar days of the conviction. The College will notify the federal government within 10 days after receiving notice of such an employee being convicted of a criminal drug statute violation occurring in the work place.
- No student shall be on campus while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance except as prescribed by a physician.